Thursday 5 June 2014

5 Reasons Why One Direction Should Not Be Banned from the Philippines

There has been rumours that 1D will be banned from the Philippines because unfortunately, two members of the boy band was caught smoking marijuana. CBCP officer wanted to ban them and when asked about the issue, he said, "Do not lead the youth in the wrong direction...Why admit poisonous influences? There is enough poison in our society. Parents should stop their children from buying the expensive concert tickets of substance abuse addicts."

Well, CBCP Officer, I'll give you 5 reasons why they shouldn't be banned. 

1. Jesus (I'm sorry if I am including Him) will forgive 1D for their actions

Isn't there are a saying "WHAT WOULD JESUS DO"? CBCP Officer, banning the boy band won't be the first action of Jesus. He'd forgive them. The actions of these young men isn't entirely evil.
If you guys want to practice what you preach, start with this.

2. They're very freaking nice/charitable/kind/whatever nice word

You must've forgotten how GOOD they are...





3. How come other marijuana-users got to visit/tour the Philippines?

Huh, Bruno Mars got away from using cocaine (which is worse than Marijuana) but you're gonna ban 1D? Isn't that a little bit....stupid? Justin Bieber was here before right? He got to visit the Philippines even though he was one hell of an out-of-control teenager.
Even influential people has tried the greens! Obama, Oprah, Clinton, Clooney, Gates, Gaga, Brad Pitt, Jolie, et cetera.
So what's next? You're gonna ban movies with scenes where our favourite actors or actresses smoke marijuana? That's hilarious and pathetic.

Remember, Nicotine is far worse than Marijuana.



4. Millions of fans will be brokenhearted

Millions of fans who look up to One Direction will be brokenhearted. They stayed in MoA (Mall of Asia) overnight just so they can get tickets. Their efforts will be wasted. Isn't that a little cruel? Those girls wanted to see One Direction so much. They saved up their money exactly for this event (I know because my best friend and I saved our money with the hopes that 1D will eventually tour our country).
Cruel...just...cruel!

5. They have saved millions of lives

They have, really. But not just through Charity, but also through their music and actions and music videos.
One Direction made me smile and laugh when I am sure no one could. They have a direct line to my funny bone. And don't get me started with their songs! Their songs has touched my heart and saved me (yes, they did).
Although their songs aren't directed to me: They made me feel beautiful; they made me feel that my flaws can be loved; they made me feel cheerful; and whenever I'm heartbroken, there's a perfect song to match it.




One Direction has changed my life and changed other Filipino Directioners, too. Banning them will crush us. If you care for us, think this through. No, wait...Don't think this through because there's nothing to think about. ONE DIRECTIONS SHOULD NOT AND CANNOT BE BANNED.
If you're so worried about us, teenagers, try to fix the government first or help the poor or focus on 
education.



No comments:

Post a Comment