Monday 30 June 2014

A Letter from Scarlett ("Checklist")



Dear Women of Earth,

We all have ideal men, do you not agree? We have lists of what our future boyfriends should look like and act like. Don't deny it, you made that list. You either wrote it on a scratch paper or at the back of your notebook.

I had a list before. My ideal man would be: tall, dark, and handsome. He'd be smokin' hot and would dress normally (and when I say normally, I mean not better than me). He'd be a gentleman but can also be such a bad ass (but not that much). He'd kiss me on my forehead whenever I get so upset because he knows it can calm me down. He'd be caring, understanding, and thoughtful. He'd remember all the small details I'd say. He'd be the sweetest man alive, to the point that I might even get diabetes. He'd listen to my problems. He doesn't have to solve it, just listening will help subside it. He'd be smart and witty and funny. He'd be creative and will always be such a surprise. He'd get me and understand me before, during, and after my period.

My list goes on and on and on....

But the list I made is nothing. That list that you've stowed away in places where no one can ever read? That list is useless. It really is...when you are in love.

I am in love. And the person I love doesn't have all the qualities and characteristics in my checklist but he has more to show/give. And I love him still in all ways possible because he is himself. That list will just be a list of the ideal man in our imagination. And no such man exists with such perfection. A man isn't perfect but he can be perfect for you.

When you're in love, you'll be all like, "Forget that list. I love him and he's perfect for me."

Sincerely,
Scarlett Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment